Thursday 4 December 2008

My Basketball career in Scotland


My name is christan kasubandi born in democratic republic of congo i moved to scotland 8 years ago due to civil war but now im enjoying life in scotland ive been playing basketball since i was 10,i represent my country for the under 16's basketball team for the african basketball nation tournament but i couldnt play anymore due to a horrible Knee injuries and i was forced to be out of action for a year but i worked hard during that time improving my fitness level and skills, I was back and fit again in 2006 and I sign a one year deal in the strachclyde 1st division league with "Glasgow storm basketball club" and in my first year back in action i did well averigin 20 points,10 rebound,2 blocks,5 assist a game and earned a nickname"c.k the power forward" i help my team win the 1st trophie of the year, in that year i caught the eye of several teams in the league and soon afterward i left glasgow storm who were sitting 1st in the league table for the bottom league club "oatlands basketball club"i sign for one seasons i was criticisme from my former team mate why i left for a crap team in the league, i didnt say anything and just focus in playing basketball and my career. My aims was to help this team to improve in the league and win games and soon has i arrived in the team changes were made the coach brought player for the junior division and 2nd division teams and we started off with 5 win in a row thanks to my team mate for puttin on a good perfomance an for showing team spirit my stats were geting bigger averigin 35 points,15 rebound,5 blocks,10 assist a games it feel good,halfway in the season we came up against my former team,temper were high people expected us to lose this one but we kept our head high, in this game i was going to prove a point that the best team can get beat by the bottom team and anything was possible because we had a good squad and my additional made a difference in the team. Through the game the had a 2point lead going to half we were leading by 4 point but in the 4th quarter wit 1min 30sec we lost our cool and the won the game by a point so that show we cant estimate the bottom teams because we put on a good show and fight but unfortunaly oatlands were relegated in the 2nd divison by the end of the season i did everything i could by playing through injuries putting on a good show and getting points on the board but that wasnt enough to keep them in the top fly.

No comments: